Friday, March 1, 2013

Easy Chicken Enchiladas

These are so simple that it's not really worthy of a recipe, but here goes anyway:

1 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
1 can Rotel
1 small can green chilies
1 can verde sauce (or green enchilada sauce)
10 small flour tortillas
10 T shredded colby jack cheese
Salsa
Cilantro

Cook the chicken in the Rotel and green chilies in the crockpot until well done.  Shred with fork.  Layout the 10 tortillas, and evenly divide the chicken mixture among them, draining it as you place it on the tortillas.  Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray, then roll the tortillas and place them in the pan with sides touching.  Cover in verde sauce and place one table spoon of cheese on top of each one.  Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes or until cheese has melted and sauce is bubbly.  Top with salsa and cilantro.

I've calculated the calories based on the brands, sizes, etc. that I used.
For one enchilada:
Calories:  172
Fat:  1.5
Protein: 4

This does not include the salsa.


1 comment:

Maria said...

I always laugh when someone says that it is so easy that it isn't worth a recipe.

Trust me. If people like me read your blog, they like a good inclusive recipe.

I always get stuck on the "hard" words in recipes: blanch, carmelize, parboil.......

I am really, really good at cracking open cans of Campbells Soup. I can also make cinnamon toast. That's pretty much it...