Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pumpkin Cupcakes

In the fall, my mom made a three-ingredient cake with a caramel cake mix, can of pumpkin, and cinnamon chips.  Then today I saw a recipe on Pinterest for muffins or cupcakes using just a cake mix and pumpkin.  It seemed like a reasonably low calorie treat, so I tried it out today.  They were pretty good!  I add a couple of things to mine, and ended up with 23 cupcakes that are 106 calories each.  The problem is that I could eat about a dozen!

1 yellow cake mix
1 can pumpkin
1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
1.5 teaspoons vanilla

For topping:
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix cake mix, pumpkin, cinnamon, and vanilla.  I used a hand mixer, but it would have been easier with my stand mixer.  Divide into 24 lined or sprayed muffin tins.  I only got 23 cupcakes, but I was aiming for 24.  Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  While they're still warm, mix topping ingredients and sprinkle or sift over muffins.  I ended up only using about half of the topping.

They weren't half bad for having so few ingredients, plus they made the house smell yummy!

No comments: